Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares


When Lily's parents decide to go on the "honeymoon they never had" over Christmas, they leave Lily at home with her older brother, annoyed that they left for the holiday and lonely, with no boyfriend to spend the time with.  When her brother concocts a crazy plan to find her the perfect man, Lily takes the challenge out of boredom and intrigue, filling a notebook with clues and leaving it in her favorite bookstore to hopefully be picked up by the man of her dreams. Yeah, right. 


Dash is the guy that find the notebook and decides to participate in Lily's game. What ensues is an adventure around New York City, complete with a groping Santa, white Majorette boots, and the all-important red Moleskin notebook. Utterly absurd in some places, but comically so, I laughed my way through this book and loved Dash AND Lily. Such fun!

Though I'm not usually a huge fan of books written by two authors in the manner this one is, it works so well for Dash and Lily. It's fairly obvious that two different writers were working on the chapters here and it's fabulous the way that the characters end up being worked out.  

A perfect book to read while it's snowing!

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares
Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
272 pages
Young Adult
Knopf
978037586693
October 2010
Book borrowed from my local library

3 comments:

Abby said...

I had this one out from the library and you've convinced me to pick it up next. I started it this morning and I already love it! :)

Sarah said...

I'm reading this one right now and I'm already enjoying it. I like the conflicting personalities.

Lisa said...

I want to read this, I loved Nick and Nora.