Friday, December 31, 2010

Favorites of 2010 and resolutions for 2011

I disappeared for a couple of weeks, spending the holidays with family and just relaxing. We all need a bit of that from time to time and for me, this year it included a blog break. I'm back and ready for 2011!

I've read 185 books this year, which may seem like a lot, but it's down from the 254 books I read in 2009. A good thing! My resolutions last January included reading slower and more carefully and that's exactly what I did. I gave up on a lot more books if they weren't satisfying me, which definitely cut into the reading time of full books to be counted.

I really want to focus on doing the same thing this read. Reading quality, not quantity and making sure I make myself happy with my reading choices (since I'm the only one I have to please). I also want to be sure to blog a bit more frequently in the coming months, as I've started to slow down with working and such.

Not many resolutions at all, but enough that I can stay on target.

This year, read across all genres and age groups, so this is a wide listing of all of those (all were not published in 2010. Just what I read in 2010). I can't wait to see some of your lists!

Leaving Gee's Bend by Irene Latham

One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams Garcia

Out of My Mind by Sharon Draper

Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

The Boneshaker by Kate Milford

Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok

Crossing the Tracks by Barbara Stuber

A Tale Dark and Grimm by Adam Gidwitz

The Blessings of the Animals by Katrina Kittle

The Lost Dogs by Jim Gorant

I Now Pronounce You Someone Else by Erin McCahan

Split by Swati Avasthi

Wither by Lauren DeStefano (review to come in March 2011)

I read a lot of really great books this year, as you can see! Some others I loved include: Keeper by Kathi Appelt, Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden, Matched by Ally Condie, The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff,  What Happened on Fox Street by Tricia Springstubb, Things a Brother Knows by Dana Reinhardt, Forge by Laurie Halse Anderson, and Shooting Kabul by N.H. Senzai, and Delirium by Lauren Oliver.


Happy Reading in 2011!!!


Michelle said...

Wasn't Wither fantastic? I just finished up Split yesterday so it was too late to put it on my favorites list (it already bposted) but I liked that one as well!

Susan said...

I read 185 this year, too! I was going for 200, but it didn't quite work out. Oh well. I'll have to check out your favorites since I've only read two of the titles you listed.

Happy New Year!

Janssen said...

Okay okay, must get to Split :)