Sunday, January 2, 2011

IMM Week 23

Happy New Year to all of you! I spent the last couple of weeks doing a whole lot of nothing...relaxing in New York with family, then relaxing here with the dogs at home. Our bulldog had surgery to repair a ruptured ACL the day before Christmas, so while she was recuperating we read, watched movies, took long walks with the other dog, and apparently, got a lot of books in the mail!

Though I didn't receive any books for Christmas (people must be afraid to even try), I did get one lone gift card, which I quickly spent!

Here's what arrived from Scholastic:

Words from Dust by Trent Reedy
Saving Zasha by Randi Barrow
The Big Crunch by Pete Hautman
Sequins, Secrets, and Silver Linings by Sophia Bennett
The Great Wall of Lucy Wu by Wendy Wan-Long Shang
A Season of Secrets by Sally Nicholls
Dear America: Like the Willow Tree by Lois Lowry
Dear America: A Picture of Freedom by Patricia McKissack

I don't know a lot about most of these, but I've been itching to get to Saving Zasha for awhile. I'm a sucker for a dog book and this one looks great! I'm also getting a chance to run an event with the author of The Great Wall of Lucy Wu in January, so I'm definitely looking forward to that one too.

The books I purchased, all on clearance:

The Night Before Christmas Pop-up by Clement Clark Moore and Robert Sabuda
   -I love Robert Sabuda and collect his pop-ups. This one only makes #3, but I'm slowly building my collection!

The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson
   -Seriously, who doesn't need a copy of this book? I remember loving it when I was a kid and one of my teachers read it aloud to us.

Great Joy by Kate DiCamillo
   -I used to have a copy of this one, but it either got lent to a friend and not returned or lost in one of our moves. It's one of my favorite Christmas books, so at 50% off, I thought I deserved another copy!

Since it's a new year, I also purchased a new couples' devotional for the husband and I, which I failed to take a picture of. Here's a generic one:

The One Year Love Language Minute Devotional by Gary Chapman
   -I love Gary Chapman and we're great believers in The Five Love Languages, so I jumped at getting a Chapman devotional for 2011. Hoping it's a good one!

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren.


Michelle said...

Lots of great books this week! Enjoy :)

Abby said...

I'm so excited that it's 2011 and I can dig into all those 2011 debuts!! Enjoy your books, Amanda! :D

Jenn's Bookshelves said...

What a great bunch of books!