Saturday, January 1, 2011

It's Cybils announcement time!

This is my 4th year participating on a Round 1 Cybils panel and it's so much fun! A lot of work, but definitely worth the time and effort involved. My fellow panelists and I have spent the last 2 1/2 months reading like crazy (over 180 books were nominated this year) and discussing every chance we got, attempting to get ready for this moment and I am very happy to announce our 7 finalists for YA Fiction, in no particular order:

Split by Swati Avasthi

Dirt Road Home by Watt Key

I Now Pronounce You Someone Else by Erin McCahan

Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers

Stolen by Lucy Christopher

Scrawl by Mark Shulman

Harmonic Feedback by Tara Kelly

You can check out our reasoning behind each selection over at the Cybils site, as well as the other finalists in other categories.


Michelle said...

You guys did a fantastic job! Round 2 judges definitely have their work cut out for them. :)

Abby said...

I am reading SOME GIRLS ARE right now and it is fabulous!!!

Susan said...

I've only read two of these - I NOW PRONOUNCE YOU SOMEONE ELSE and STOLEN. I wasn't wild about the former, but enjoyed the latter. It will be interesting to see who the winners are!

Amanda said...

It was SO hard this year (as I'm sure I say every year), but so much fun. I had a great panel to work with and we had tons of really amazing discussions.

I'm taking a breather of YA now though, that's for sure!

Em said...

just wondering what is cybils? Sorry I just got into reading book review blogs and stuff.