Saturday, January 8, 2011

Picture Book Saturday

It's been awhile since my last Picture Book Saturday! I'm getting back in the swing of things with two cute new ones for you all, just out in the last few weeks. Enjoy!

Shoe-la-la by Karen Beaumont and illustrator LeUyen Pham is going to have the girly girls out there very happy! From the ultra-sparkly cover and the fashionable "glamour girl" theme, this is definitely for the Fancy Nancy fans out there.

Though the rhyming doesn't quite flow as nicely as I would like, the illustrations are beautiful and show all the cute shoes fancy-smancy dresses with their different patterns and baubles, making up for rhyme flow on some pages. Imagination is definitely the theme of the book and you could definitely spin off the story with a shoe craft of your own.

Got a Pinkalicious or Fancy Nancy fan? Check this one out.

Karen Beaumont
32 pages
Picture Book
January 2011
Review copy provided by publisher

What's in the Egg Little Pip? by Karma Wilson and Jane Chapman had me SO excited. I love Wilson and had someone missed out on the fact that she had a new one coming out and though the "Pip" series isn't my favorite of her series books, this one was pretty darn cute!

Little Pip, an adorable little penguin, finds out he is having a sibling and isn't pleased. He likes his life with his parents just the way it is and is afraid that the new little penguin in the egg is just going to mess things up. The story is a fairly typical new sibling story, but Jane Chapman's beautiful illustrations add a little something special. 

Great for a new "new sibling" story, if you're tired of the same old thing or just a new read for Karma Wilson fans!

What's in the Egg, Little Pip?
Karma Wilson
32 pages
Picture Books
McElderry Books
December 2010


Sarah said...

Looking forward to Shoe-la-la! I think my library's little girls will adore it.

Shelly B said...

Shoe-La-La may just be a V-day gift for my 2 oldest granddaughters. They are HUGE Fancy Nancy and Pinkalicios fans, so this one sounds right up their alley! Thanks for sharing.

Lisha said...

I love your blog layout! It's so cute! I gave you a blogger award!

Brimful Curiosities said...

After reading Shoe-la-la with my daughter, I think I need to buy her a pair of plain shoes so she can decorate her own. Such a fun, girly book.

Three Turtles and Their Pet Librarian said...

making order cards....