Saturday, February 5, 2011

I love these books!

No Picture Book Saturday today. I'm thinking about going bi-weekly with that feature, only because my time for reading new picture books has taken a hit and I like to spend a good amount of time choosing the books I feature. More on that next week.


For this week, I just wanted to remind everyone that the latest Elephant & Piggie book by Mo Willems has graced the shelves of bookstores and libraries. It's been out for awhile, but I keep forgetting to mention it. You NEED to get this one! I think it's my favorite out of all of titles, probably because it features books!


Basically, Elephant and Piggie discover they're in a book and freak out about it. Simple idea maybe, but hysterical and adorable. Kids love these books, parents love these books, and even those of us without children at home love them!

We Are In a Book is bound to please. Give your child the part of Piggie and have the parent take Gerald (Elephant) and read it together!

We Are in a Book
Mo Willems
64 pages
Easy Reader
Hyperion
9781423133087
September 2010
Review copy

2 comments:

Caroline Starr Rose said...

My second grader loves Piggie and Gerald. It's fun to see him familiar with Mo Williams books and be able to identify them on the shelves.

Abby said...

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Elephant and Piggie!!! I think my favorite is still THERE IS A BIRD ON YOUR HEAD. :D