Sunday, March 6, 2011

IMM Week 30

I had a HUGE mailbox week! Tons of books came and I'm so excited to be able to showcase them for you in the coming weeks. Spring is going to be a great season for everything from picture books to YA.

For review:

What Can(t) Wait by Ashley Hope Perez
Everything I Was by Corinne Demas
Strings Attached by Judy Blundell
Numbers: The Chaos by Rachel Ward
Illusions by Aprilynne Pike
Those That Wake by Jesse Karp
Demonglass: A Hex Hall Novel by Rachel Hawkins

I'm looking forward to several of these, but especially Strings Attached. I loved Blundell's What I Saw and How I Lied and am hoping this one has the same super-detailed feel. Haven't read the first Hex Hall book, but I'm going to try to get it from the library this week, so I can get to Demonglass!

First Garden by Robbin Gourley
Queen of the Falls by Chris Van Allsburg
Marty McGuire by Kate Messner
Tugg and Teeny by J. Patrick Lewis

I can't wait to read the new Van Allsburg! I grew up not far from Niagara Falls and am thrilled he's done a book about them!


Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

This is the only book I bought this week. Totally accidental! Went to pick up some requests from a friend at the local used bookstore and saw this one for only $4.00! It looks brand new! The ones I got for her, old mass market paperbacks with lots of marks on them were more than this hardcover. Couldn't resist.

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren.


Kailana said...

Enjoy all your new books! said...

Everytime new books come it's like Christmas! Looks like you got some good ones!!

Alison said...

Fab reads! Anna and the FK is so wonderful! And I can't wait for Demonglass and Illusions.

LindsayWrites said...

new follower on GFC! found your blog on the YA book blog directory!i love it and i'm excited to read more! i still need to read anna and the french kiss! can't believe i haven't yet!!

follow me?!