Monday, April 4, 2011

What I've been up to...

I am so ready for a vacation. Work has been absolutely crazy lately...lots of events and not enough staff, and of course the weather is getting nicer, bringing tourists out and about. Add that to the husband getting a new job (and needing an entire wardrobe of nice suits), and I've been doing every except blogging! 

I'm hoping in the next couple of weeks to try to get back in the swing of things and posting regularly, but for now I just wanted to make sure you knew about some exciting things coming up.

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon is taking place this coming Saturday, April 9th. This is the first time I haven't been able to participate in awhile and I'm definitely bummed! If you've never participated before, you'll have a blast...lots of fun! 

On May 1st I'm walking in the annual March of Dimes March for Babies in honor of my son Jacob. Many of you know that he was born at 27 weeks, weighing only 1lb 5oz, and passed away when he was 4 months and 3 days old. We are so proud to help an organization whose mission is to help "all babies be born healthy." If you would like to sponsor me, click here!

Hoping to be posting regularly again soon!

2 comments:

Susan said...

I was wondering where you've been - I'm glad it's just busyness that's keeping you away. I've missed you! Good for you for walking for the March of Dimes. Such a great organization. Love those little preemies :)

Michelle said...

I didn't realize the hubby got a new job! Congrats. We need to schedule that lunch :)