Sunday, July 31, 2011

New feature? Week in review.

I know a lot of you do different posts that talk about things other than books and I wanted to give it a shot. I like to talk about food, family, movies/tv, Etsy finds, and now this baby on the way, so I think I may start a "Week in Review" feature on Sundays. It may stick around, it may not, but for now, this week's Week in Review:


I'm struggling with A Visit From the Goon Squad, a read for my book club. Still only at about page 75, trying to push through, but I just don't think this one is for me. 

Finishing up All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin. This one is coming out in September and is getting great buzz. A little slow in parts, but I'm enjoying it. 

Listening to and LOVING The Help on audio. I know I'm one of the last to read the book, but I knew I wanted to wait until close to the movie release before picking it up. If you haven't read it yet, or even if you have, the audio version is absolutely gorgeous. I never want to stop listening to it! 

I got my hands on a much coveted copy of Erin Morgenstern's The Night Circus. I've only read about 50 pages, but this is most definitely a novel to savor. Beautiful writing and an enchanting story right away...I have a feeling I'm going to fall completely in love with this book. 


Project Runway premiered this week! I've a reality tv junkie and this is one of my favorites. One season a year just doesn't cut it for me, so I'll be attached to my television every Thursday night for the next couple of months. No favorites yet, but I'm sure I'll share soon. 


I want this in my life right now. Someone please make it for me. 

The husband and I are starting to stock up on freezer things, in anticipation of the possibility of bed rest during this pregnancy (no worries, that hasn't even been brought up yet, just planning ahead knowing how the last pregnancy went). Tonight's adventure included homemade meatballs and a huge vat of sauce. If you have recipes for things that freeze well, I would love an email!

Again, I'm begging....make this for me. It's just too hot to make it myself. 


The husband and I have decided on a hippo theme for the bean's nursery and I'm in love with these. I think they would look fabulous above the dresser, but a bit pricey. Might be our own splurge!


This week, the bean is the size of an avocado. Fitting, I had 1/2 an avocado with my lunch today :)


Charmaine Clancy said...

You've sold me on 'The Help' - I'm going to audio it too :)
Wagging Tales - Blog for Writers

Amy said...

We read A Visit from the Goon Squad for our book club, too, and I have to say, I really didn't like it. In fact, I didn't finish it. I have no idea how it's won so much acclaim.

I'm glad you like The Help! It was my favorite book of 2010, and I can't wait for the movie!

It seems like we're only a few weeks apart on the pregnancy front! I love The Bump's food/size scale. As of tomorrow our baby's the size of a mango! And I love the hippos. We're doing a jungle theme so there will be animals galore!

Charlotte said...

Thanks for the update on the small one! I'm thinking of you....

Lisa said...

Someone bought the hippos! I hope it was you.

Amanda said...

Haha, it wasn't me, but I'm pretty sure that's a staple design of her's. I'm not worried :)

Danielle said...

You're the second to last person to read The Help...I'm reading it right now and I absolutely never want to put it down, nor do I ever want it to end!