Friday, July 8, 2011

Why I'm in a reading/blogging/general "slump"

So, for the last couple of months, I haven't really wanted to do anything. A bit vague, yes, but seriously, I don't want to read, I don't really want blog, I just lurk on Twitter rather than actually posting. I don't want to go to the gym, I definitely don't want to work. The list goes on. I'm. just. so. tired.

Most might think something is wrong with me, but I have a pretty good reason. A baby Snow is on the way!

Most of my long-time readers know that we've definitely struggled to have a family. We lost our son Jacob at four months old, after he was born very prematurely, and then we've hit additional bumps along the way to have a second baby. But, now we're into the 2nd trimester (HOORAY!) and things are going as well as they possibly could.

We weren't sure that I should share with the entire "internet" world, but I'm incredibly optimistic this time around and I also wanted to provide a reason for the lack of blogging and chatting. I miss you all and I miss BOOKS, so I'm really hoping the exhaustion moves away pretty soon.

If you pray, please keep us in your prayers, and if not, just cross your fingers things continue going well!

Hooray for babies!

27 comments:

Tina's Blog said...

I'm so happy for you! Praying for a very uneventful pregnancy and birth.

Kelly J. said...

So excited for you, Amanda. :)

Lisa said...

I may have said it before, but YAY!!!!

The Brain Lair (KB) said...

Praying for you and Baby Snow! Congratulations!

Abby said...

Yayayayayay!

kathy@bookskidslike.com said...

What a wonderful reason for not blogging or reading!!! Take care and all the best!

We Heart YA said...

We're wishing you and the baby all the best!

Liz B said...

YAY!!!

Jennifer Shirk said...

That's wonderful!!

Thoughts of Joy said...

HOORAY!!! I've been waiting (and praying) for a post like this. I'm so excited and will keep the prayers going up! :)

Amy said...

Congratulations!! I just recently crossed the threshold of the 2nd trimester as well, after some, as you put it, bumps along the way. I'm very happy for you and hope that everything continues to go well! And I totally understand the slump. I've been in one myself!

Kailana said...

That's wonderful, Amanda! I hope everything continues to go well. Congrats!

Heidi Grange said...

Congrats. Hope things go well for you.

Melissa @ Mel's Books and Info said...

Congratulations! I will pray for your health and that of your baby! Best wishes!

Tif said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you and will be keeping you and baby in my thoughts!

Brimful Curiosities said...

That's such wonderful news. Take good care.

Danielle said...

Fantastic news! I'll keep you in my prayers! :)

Janssen said...

HOORAY! I am so so happy for you.

Becky said...

I'm so happy for you!!!

Melissa said...

Congratulations! Such wonderful news!

Amanda said...

You all are SO sweet! Thank you for all of the kind words and good wishes :)

Charlotte said...

Oh gosh, I'm so happy for you, Amanda, and you will be in my thoughts.

Susan said...

Congratulations again, Amanda! I'm really so excited for you guys. I do pray and will be praying lots and lots for everything to go wonderfully with this pregnancy/delivery. Take care of you!

Shelley said...

Yay! What wonderful news!

Mrs.Robertson said...

Having read your blog for a long, long time, I'm thrilled to hear about a second baby coming along. Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes without any difficulties. Will say an extra prayer just for your family which will hopefully be expanding.
Janice Robertson

Michele said...

Just found your blog - congrats! I would love for you to come by and visit my new blog - I put together beautiful collections from the library - maybe you will be inspired to read again! xoxo michele

www.thegreatread.blogspot.com

Marg said...

Congratulations to you both! It has been a difficult journey, but I have every hope that everything works out well for you this time.