Sunday, August 7, 2011

Week in Review


Finished The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern last night. SO good, I cannot even tell you. Easily making my top 5 of the year...maybe the top spot! Make sure to watch for this one when it comes out next month.

My book club got together at one of my local indie bookstores to discuss A Visit from the Goon Squad. I didn't finish it...couldn't get into it at all...and I'm glad I wasn't the only one! It was about 75% in my line of thinking with 25% of the members loving it. Made for a nice discussion!

Just starting the last book in Jenny Han's "Summer" series. It seems appropriate since it's August and I'm crossing my fingers summer is on its way out the door.


About the only thing I'm watched new this week was Project Runway. Goodness I love this show! I have some early favorites (Bert, Anthony, and Fallene), but being that it was only week 2, I know we have some time.


I loaded up on new shops this week, thanks to other blogs, including these three:

Little Alouette

Le Papier Studio



This week, our little one is the size of an onion! S/he is making mama feel like a whale though...could be the crazy humidity we've been dealing with. Have I mentioned I'm ready for summer to be OVER?


Googie said...

Okay, I am going to have to read The Night Circus. Looks like a good one!!

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

Ooh-I just got a galley of The Night Circus-so glad you liked it! And LOVE Project Runway. I like Fallene too and Bert is good, but he was lucky he had immunity!