Sunday, August 21, 2011

Week in Review

Books:

I finished Unsaid by Neil Abramson this week, which was an inspirational fiction story about love, grief, and my favorite topic: animals. I didn't love it as I thought I would, but it was still a pretty decent read. Look for a review soon.

I also read and finished Tiger Rising by Kate DiCamillo. Another I didn't like quite as much as I expected to, considering she's one of my favorite children's authors, but it was a beautifully told story. I'll have a review of that one up on Wednesday.

Baby:

Our baby Snow is the size of a mango this week and is also a baby BOY! We're both thrilled to be having a son and just hope he stays where he's suppose to for the next four months or so. We did get some news that was not the greatest...apparently I'm showing some indicators of possibly developing the condition I had last time that caused so many problems with our son Jacob. We have about a 50/50 chance of the severe, early onset, preeclampsia  making itself known again, so keep your fingers crossed we're in the POSITIVE 50%! So far, everything looks and feels good, so I'm optimistic.

TV/Movies/Everything else:

This week was filled with appointments, work, and finally getting out in the yard and attempting to correct the damage the heat caused this summer. Not a whole lot else to report. Just excited about the little man on the way!

6 comments:

Charlotte said...

Yay for boys! And I will keep my fingers tightly crossed for the three of you....

Lisa said...

What week are you in now? If you're closely monitored will that mean they can delay or prevent the pre-ec this time?

Amanda said...

I'm 19 weeks today. I am definitely being closely monitored, however, the preeclampsia I had before just would not respond to any form of treatment. SO, I'm sure if I start showing symptoms, they'll adjust my meds and all that fun stuff...let's just hope it works this time, if necessary!

Mrs.Robertson said...

We've never met in person, but since I've read your blog for ages, I feel like a participant in your journey. Please know that my fingers are definitely crossed for you. Hopefully, will hear nothing but great news.
Fingers crossed! :-)

Thoughts of Joy said...

I'm keeping you and that baby boy in my prayers, Amanda!

Kailana said...

I hope everything goes well for you, Amanda...