Sunday, October 30, 2011

Week in Review


I finished up a couple of books this week, both with reviews to come in the next couple of weeks.

The Scorpio Trials by Maggie Stiefvater was fantastic. Her writing is just impeccable and beautiful. I liked this one much more than her "The Wolves of Mercy Falls" series and cannot wait to see what else comes from her pen (or keyboard as it probably may be).

I finished up Maine by J. Courtney Sullivan on audio and was really impressed by the narrator, Ann Marie Lee. Not the best book I've ever read (or listened to), but I enjoyed it.

I just started The Hundred-Foot Journey by Richard Morais for my book club meeting on Tuesday. It's a super slow read, only because of the amazing amount of detail put into describing the food and setting. So far, it's beautiful.


Have I mentioned that I'm blogging at another blog, as well as here? If you weren't already aware, I'm a bookseller at Hooray for Books! Children's Bookstore and we have a blog! I'm one of several contributors, so not every post is written by me, but you may see some similar posts between this blog and that one. Those would be mine :)

I would love it if you would check it out and spread the word. We don't have a whole lot of readers at this point, but definitely do have a lot of great books suggestions to share, covering genres from board books to adult titles. We have great choices for read alouds and storytimes, gift giving, and those special books to share one-on-one. Check it out!

This week, Baby Snow is the size of a butternut squash (about 2.5lbs and 15inches long). Seeing that description had me almost in tears (yeah, hormones), just because I can't believe I actually have a baby that big STILL INSIDE OF ME. Despite all of my doctor's telling me I could have a "normal" pregnancy, as a woman who has gone through a whole lot of bad stuff to get to this point, I am feeling incredibly blessed to have reached 29 weeks and the butternut squash stage. Keep on growing kiddo!

Aaron and I decided on a name this week. Hooray! We really thought we would be making delivery room decisions, but our list plan worked and last week got it down to three, finally making our decision just the other day. Can't let you in on it yet, but it's one we're sticking with :)

And speaking of names, this cool contraption will be going over our little one's crib in the nursery:

No, his name is not Ethan. My mommy brain hasn't kicked in that badly yet. It will be similar to this though, with a white rack and the blue and green letters. Buy your own here, on Etsy of course!

Hope you all have a wonderful week!


Lisa said...

Butternut squash!

I thought we had THE name for LE too, until two days before she was born. Then we changed it.

Shoulda got this instead of the wooden one: I bet the seller woulda cut you a sweet deal. ;)

Susan said...

Oh, I'm glad THE SCORPIO RACES is good. I just got it from Scholastic the other day and can't wait to read it. I am a little afraid it might be too much of a HUNGER GAMES copycat. What do you think?

Glad to hear that all is well with Baby Snow. It must be such a comfort to you! God forbid anything should happen at this point, but I know from personal experience that babies born at 29 weeks can do just fine :) Good luck, girl!