Monday, November 14, 2011

Happy Haul-idays from Chronicle!

 

It's that time of year again!!

If you read this blog on a fairly regular basis, you'd realize how much I love the books from Chronicle. They're not only high quality reading material, but the actual physical books are always beautifully made, making for lovely gifts. My imaginary cart is filled up with $500 worth of fabulous books I would LOVE to win as a holiday gift for myself. And if I win? Someone from the comments will also win, as well as the charity of my choice, so make sure you leave a comment!

Choosing a charity was incredibly difficult, as there are so many different places I would love to give $500 worth of books to. The Libri Foundation has always stood out to me, as they attempt to place as many children's books in rural libraries as they possibly can. I grew up in an incredibly rural area and my library did not have an adequate children's section, especially for a voracious reader like myself. I would love to see $500.00 worth of great kid's books be given to them!

My "cart:"

Cake Simple by Christie Matheson
Treasured Classics by Michael Hague
Mrs. Mustard's Baby Face Stroller Cards by Jane Wattenberg
Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site by Sherri Duski Rinker
Press Here by Herve Tullet
Flour by Joanne Chang
Tartine Bread by Chad Robertson
One Line a Day: A Five-Year Memory Book
Gratitude: A Journal
Peek-a-Who by Nina Laden
Eric Carle Animal Flashcards
Lots of Dots by Craig Frazier
The Little Books boxed set by Amy Krause Rosenthal
In the Town All Year Round by Rotraut Susanne Berner
School Years: A Family Keepsake of School Memories
Blinky Bugs
Pretty Cupcake Kit
The Commonsense Kitchen by Tom Hudgens
Fresh from the Farmers Market by Janet Fletcher
New Vegetarian by Robin Aswell
My Quotable Kid
One Too Many by Gianna Merino
What Do You See Under the Sea? by Neil and Cassandra Lillard
Dinosaurs matching game
Hurry! Hurry! Have You Heard? by Laura Krause Melmed
The Giant Play and Learn Book by Pascale Estellon

I think it's a pretty great mix!

Remember, the contest ends on December 2nd, so make your lists, comment, and Tweet about the giveaway and enter your blog over here.

14 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm so making my own list! Now that I have a moment to breathe. In fact, the very first thing on my to do list is "email Amanda." True story.

Janssen said...

This is very cool! I hadn't heard about this, so thanks for sharing!

Heidi Grange said...

What a great list. I like the variety. A little bit of everything.

Sherri Duskey Rinker said...

Hi, Amanda!

Thank you so much for including my book in your "cart!"

Happy holidays! (I mean "Haul-idays!)

Warmly,
Sherri Duskey Rinker
Author, Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site

Erica said...

Chronicle has such fun books - I have some of the same books on my list I believe :)

ann said...

Lots of variety in your selections thats nice.


amhengst at verizon dot net

Rhianna said...

So many great choices and high five for a charity that is getting better book selections into smaller libraries!

Good luck!

jcamp2020 said...

Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site looks just to cute. And since grandpa owns a construction company, perhaps I'd better get a copy for our bookshelves!

Thanks for such a diverse list.

good luck to both of us ;D
jeaneC from CA
jcamp2020 at aol

throuthehaze said...

Tartine Bread looks really good. Good luck!
throuthehaze at gmail dot com

TRAN! (www.thinktran.com) said...

Great list! Good luck!

Julie @ Knitting and Sundries said...

I love the mix of books you chose! (Tartine Bread and Blinky Bugs are on my own list), and your charity is a wonderful one! Good luck!

knittingandsundries(at)gmail(dot)com

nfmgirl said...

The New Vegetarian caught my eye! Good luck to you!

Jasmine Marie said...

Everyone seems to have that Gratitude journal on their list! :)

Good luck and happy holidays!

Kelly Robinson said...

Great picks! I'm having as much fun seeing what everyone else picked as I did making my own blog list!