Sunday, November 13, 2011

Week in Review

We had a family member staying with us this week, so I spent a lot of my time shopping and eating. I'm definitely not complaining about that, but I don't have a whole lot of book/tv news to share. I didn't finish a single book and my DVR is at almost 100%, so I think Aaron I will be spending our evening on the couch with homemade chicken soup and yummy crusty bread, catching up on shows.

I'm in the middle of Deb Caletti's newest (coming in April) The Story of Us. I'm really enjoying it so far! It combines a really nice contemporary story, which she seems to have become known for, and there's lots of dogs included. Perfect for me. 

I also just started Angelina's Bachelors by Brian O'Reilly, which has a lot more substance to it than it sounds. And there's recipes! I'm hoping to finish these two in the next couple of days. 

I do have an ARC giveaway going on until tonight and your chances are pretty great at this point! Last chance to enter, so head over here and check it out!


This week, apparently this child is the size of four large apples. I totally laughed out loud when I read that. Really, we couldn't come up with a fruit/vegetable around 3lbs? Just four big apples? Anyways... he's growing, which is great, but I'm starting to have some of the excessive swelling and blood pressure issues that I had last time. I'm sure the doctor will have lots to say about it at my appointment on Tuesday, but I'm anticipating some bed rest in my future. Lots of reading time, which I'm totally ok with, as long as this baby can keep cooking a bit longer. I'm at 31 weeks today, so 5-6 more weeks to go. Crazy!

I need to pack up a hospital bag this week and wash a couple of outfits. 


I have a couple of new favorites when it comes to Etsy shops this week. My Aunt had never been introduced to the wonder that is Etsy, so though I didn't read or watch tv, I did spend a crazy amount of time browsing with her!

I love the handmade nursing covers and nursing pads from Ginger Snapzz.

These earrings just made my Christmas wishlist.

Still totally in love with this bag.


Lisa said...

Oh no on the swelling! I was hoping it was a fluke thing last time.

I love the way the handles are attached on that bag you like.

Jennifer said...

I'd say baby is the size of a butternut squash (-:) hope your bed rest, if you have to have it, isn't too bad.