Sunday, November 20, 2011

Week in Review

 It feels like this week has lasted forever, yet it's flown by. I'm sure that makes absolutely no sense to anyone, but that's how I feel! Lots of appointments and baby prep and almost no reading time, which makes this girl a bit unhappy. I'm hoping to catch up on some reading this coming week and really take it easy. I always say that, but I mean it this time!


I am deep in the middle of Pure by Julianna Baggott and absolutely loving it. I keep saying to Aaron that it reminds me of a mixture between The Hunger Games, Divergent, and I Am Legend (the Will Smith movie version). I can't put it down! Unfortunately, my reading time has been somewhat limited over the last few days, with driving for appointments and being so darn tired, but if I was on a normal reading pace I would have easily have finished this chunkster this weekend. It's that good!

I finished up The Death Cure by James Dashner this week, as well. Definitely exciting and will please fans of the series. I still wasn't as into this one (or book 2), as I was The Maze Runner, but overall, a good, fast-paced series.


Both Aaron and I have decided that our son NEEDS this:

I mean, seriously, his entire nursery is done in hippos and it's so stinkin' cute it makes me want to cry. Pregnancy hormones, I suppose. However, if someone DOES want to make this adorable hat happen for our little guy, you can buy it from the awesome Nini's Handmades. She has a super cute snail one too. Want!


This week, we're the size of a large jicama (or a little under 4lbs). We had a lot of testing done this week, as I've started swelling more than normal and my blood pressure is much higher than anyone is comfortable with. Luckily, the baby is doing just fine, moving a lot and growing on track, so it's just me we're dealing with. I'm on modified bed rest, basically just taking it a little bit easier than I normally would, and I'm having to go in for twice-a-week monitoring. A pain in the neck, but I'll deal. 
On a FUN note, we have our tentative c-section date! It looks like I'm on the schedule for an amnio 12/19 and as long as it comes back as they would like, a c-section on 12/20. One month from today, we'll have this little guy in the world! It seems so, so soon, but the best Christmas gift I could ever ask for. Let's hope things keep going alright and we keep that date!

Should have the nursery totally finished by next weekend, so pictures of that to come.


Haven't been watching a whole lot, to be honest. Good training for when the boy gets here! I'm just bored with every single show, except Modern Family and New Girl. Love those :) I'm also loving the Our America series Lisa Ling does for the OWN network. Haven't watched a single show other than that on that channel, but I love her non-biased approach to showing parts of our country we never think about. You should check it out if you haven't already. Sunday nights!

I've pretty much given up on Glee for this season and though A. and I both really like The Sing Off, the weekly two hour episodes are getting to be a bit much. There's only like 4 groups left and they drag it all out for sooooo long. We'll see if we can stick with it until the end.


Charlotte said...

I have to go look up jicamas....but regardless of what they turn out to be, I'm so glad the little one has made it to that stage!

Susan said...

So glad things are going well with the baby! I hope everything continues to go smoothly.

I've never heard of PURE, but if it's a mix of HG, DIVERGENT and I AM LEGEND, it's something I HAVE to read! Thanks for the suggestion :)