Thursday, December 22, 2011

Favorite Middle Grade reads of 2011

I didn't read nearly as many books as I had hoped I would this year, but I still read a lot! If you missed my Favorite Picture Books of 2011 post, check it out, and YA and Adult faves will be featured next week.

I really loved all of these...they're in no particular order:

Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick

Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu

The Penderwicks at Point Mouette by Jeanne Birdsall

Lions of Little Rock by Kristin Levine (review to come in January)

Bless This Mouse by Lois Lowry

 What are some of your favorite middle grade reads this year?


Sarah said...

I really, really need to read Bread Crumbs. Everyone is raving about it. I own it but it keeps getting pushed down. Maybe over my small holidays at the end of the year.

Susan said...

I really liked THE LIONS OF LITTLE ROCK, too. Haven't read any of the others on your list, but I certainly need to! Thanks for the reminder.