Friday, December 16, 2011

Favorite Picture Books of 2011

It's that time of year for "Favorites of 2011" posts and rather than combine all of mine into one giant post, I thought spreading them out over a few weeks might make more sense. These are a few picture books that I loved this year and have really enjoyed recommending and gifting to family and friends. Book titles all link to my reviews.

Stars by Mary Lyn Ray

Blackout by John Rocco

Naamah and the Ark at Night by Susan Campbell Bartoletti

If Rocks Could Sing: A Discovered Alphabet by Leslie McGuirk

Press Here by Herve Tullet


Sarah said...

I love both Stars and Blackout. Those are special stories. But great choices all around!

Bridget R. Wilson said...

I'll second you for Blackout and Press Here. I didn't really care for Stars. I haven't read the other two, but I will.

Ami said...

I bought Press Here for Sheridan, along with a big sketch pad and some of those markers that just make big, colored dots. Blackout was awesome, too! We just got Naamah here, but somehow I missed Stars - making a card...