Monday, December 26, 2011

Favorite YA Reads of 2011

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I'll be back with regular reviews next week, but for now, wanted to share more favorites with you all!

I have to admit, I was less than thrilled with the YA offerings published this year. I had a really hard time finding really great books, unlike years past when I had long lists of fabulous reads. I read more YA than any other genre, so I'm really hoping next year brings a lot more "great" books. 

The ones I really enjoyed:

The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan

Divergent by Veronica Roth

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (review to come in January)

Wither by Lauren DeStefano

What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith (review to come in February)

I really liked all of those books, but the only one that I really, really loved was The Fault in Our Stars. Just wait until that book comes out guys, it is FABULOUS. I am so impressed with John Green's work that I couldn't stop talking about for days. It's that good.

If you missed out on my favorite picture books or middle grade reads of the year, check them out here and here.


Lisa said...

I love love loved Divergent!

Peaceful Reader said...

Hmm. I've not read any of these. I'll have to add them to my never-ending list! Hope you had a wonderful holiday.