Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Guest Post: Erica from The Book Cellar

While I'm getting to know my sweet baby boy, several bloggers offered to guest post for me! This week, I'm sending a  huge welcome to Erica from The Book Cellar! She's filling us all in on some of the books she's looking forward to in 2012. Enjoy!

Every year I feel like books I’m going to love become more and more plentiful,  maybe it’s just me imagining or perhaps it’s simply that I am becoming more and more sure of what I like. Regardless, 2012 has some amazing sounding books coming out! 

My most anticipated book of 2012 is definitely The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken.  Brightly Woven is about my favorite book ever, high fantasy is hard to find and good high fantasy is even harder to find. Brightly Woven was just brilliant, and while The Darkest Minds is a dystopian I am super excited for another Alexandra Bracken book.

Dark Frost by Jennifer Estep  - This is the 3rd book in the Mythos Academy series, which is one of my new favorite things. The first two books blew me away and I am eager to see where the story will go. The series has mythology, action, hot boys, and so much more.

The Selection by Kiera Cass – I read her book The Siren ages ago, and since then I had been hoping another book would come out. And it did AND it was YA! The Selection sounds brilliant – princes and dystopianness. 

Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa – I am in love with her Iron Fey series, so I am very intrigued by a new series from her! Immortal Rules is going to be very different from the fantasy of the Iron Fey, so I’m very excited to see how that turns out.

Point of Origin by Amanda Havard – This is book two to the series that started with The Survivors. It’s this super unique series that deals with the survivors from the Salem Witch Trials and book one was super cool. Now that that entire story is built, I am really excited to see how this series goes on.

When the Sea is Rising Red by Cat Hellisen – I love this book’s title, cover, and premise. It sound so intriguing and I can’t wait to read it.

Above by Leah Bobet – Not only does this book have one of the most gorgeous covers ever, but it also has this amazing sounding premise. I love what the premise sets up and can’t wait to read it. 

There are simply so many amazing books coming out. So which ones are you most excited for?

No comments: