Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Guest post: Michelle from Galleysmith

While I'm getting to know my sweet baby boy, several bloggers offered to guest post for me! This week, I'm sending a  huge welcome to Michelle from Galleysmith! She's filling you all in on some of her favorite books from 2011. Enjoy!

My Literary Dinner Party

What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by her favorite bookish friends?  Me, I'm gonna go all out and serve 'em up a nice dinner, give 'em some yummy sugary treats for dessert, and then send them on their way fat and happy.  Now, don't get me wrong I'm not cooking!  I wouldn't threaten anyone's gastrointestinal system with that, but I do a mean take-out order so I'm sure they'll be just as happy.  Let’s get to the guest list shall we?

Patrick - Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler

This is a boy who would build me a house!  He's strong, he's sweet, and he's honest.  He loves his family, has morals and when he finds the right girl he's pretty damn dedicated to her.  Even when she has some serious challenges.  

Peeta - The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Please, like I wasn't going to include bread with dinner!  Here's a boy that would literally face certain death for the girl he loves how can you not at least give him a pizza before sending him on his way?  Granted, he has a bit of a dark side too but heck, who doesn't?  Loyal to a fault he's going to be a team player and stick with his friends and family through thick and thin.

Katniss - The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

I think this girl can teach me a thing or two, don't you?  Strength, honor, political savvy, leadership and a whole host of other positive attributes. The stories this girl could tell would no doubt encourage the mind and spirit.

Tom - The Piper's Son by Malina Marchetta

Who doesn't want a bit of a fixer upper?  Tom may be a tortured soul but he's so thoughtful and pensive about who he shares himself with that it's impossible not to just squeeze him in a great big bear hug. He's so sweet he makes a girl's teeth hurt at the thought of all the sugar.  But he's got a little spice too!  Those imperfections only make him more charming.

Meghan - The Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa

Between she and Katniss, oh man, the war stories they could tell.  Cunning, shrewd, heart-felt and passionate she would definitely fight to the death for what and who she believes in.

Ash - The Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa

Well he's kinda cool!  That icy demeanor is just a cover up though, deep down inside he's a big ol' softie.  I love me a bad boy with a heart of gold.  Oh and it would be fun to see he and Meghan riff off each other the whole evening.

Cole - The Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Steifvater

Duh, we need music!  But besides that, he's pretty and snarky and surly.  Not commonly what most look for in a friend but dang if he doesn't take one for the team when needed.

Isabel - The Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Steifvater

We need a girl who can take the pressure off the hostess with the mostess!  Always wanting to be the center of attention she isn't afraid to do or say anything to garner the spotlight.  But when she dedicates herself to a cause she's in it full force.  Better be sure to be on the right side with her when it happens cause she'll take no prisoners.

I know, I know, you thought I'd get all serious and put in Lizzie Bennet and Mr. Darcy and the like.  Me, I'm not a girl who's into the classics.  Besides, do you know the food they had to eat back then?  There's not much fun in that!  Now tell me, who would you invite to your literary dinner party?

No comments: