Sunday, December 4, 2011

Week in Review

Books:

I actually finished a couple of books after the crazy couple of weeks I've had. Dead to You by Lisa McMann was definitely thrilling and something you all should look out for in February. All the books I've read by her have been page turners and this was no exception. 

I also finished The Always War by Margaret Peterson Haddix, an author I typically really like, but this book just did not do it for me. I didn't care for the plot or the characters, but since it was so short, I did finish it. Not her usual gripping story, but one that felt forced and strange. 

I started Pandemonium this afternoon and am pretty into it after only 60 pages or so. It had been so long since I read Delirium that I had completely forgotten what the first book was even about, but I was able to get back into the plot fairly easily. Lauren Oliver really does have a nice way of writing, making the story both exciting and "pretty" if that makes any sense. 

Baby:

Only two sections in this week's post, because really, besides reading and sitting next to the baby's bed, I haven't done anything! No tv/no Etsy shopping. 

Elliott is doing great and behaving exactly as he's supposed to. Eating, starting to take feeds from a bottle, starting to put on a little weight after the initial drop from birth weight, being adorable and snuggly, and just making us smile all the time. We're so proud of our boy! We would LOVE to be home by Christmas, but that may just be pushing it a little. It will remain our quiet goal for now. 

One of the hardest things about this whole situation is having to be away from Aaron for long stretches of time. He goes back to work on Tuesday, which will make it even worse, but for now it has just been him here for the day and then having to drive all the way back home to take care of our dogs. Though the Fisher House is wonderful and comfortable, it's still really hard to be alone all night and this coming week, all day too. Lots of reading next to Elliott, I suppose. And on the bright side, it's only for a few weeks, so I'll make it just fine.

And for your weekly photos:


5 comments:

Michelle said...

He's gorgeous! I'm so happy for your family and continue to send positive vibes!

Caroline Starr Rose said...

He's beautiful! I love that inquisitive look in the second picture.

Vicky Alvear Shecter said...

So beautiful!

Sarah said...

He's so beautiful Amanda! I love how inquisitive he looks.

Abby said...

What a handsome little man! I'm so happy to hear that everything's going well with him! :D