Sunday, December 18, 2011

Week in Review

Books:

Not a lot of reading has been done this week, as we had some exciting and busy days. More on that later. I did give up on Girls in White Dresses about halfway through, just because it wasn't really holding my attention any longer. I need something a bit more exciting at this point I think, something that will help in keeping me awake while I read the words. 

I have a copy of Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler to start sometime today, so I'm hoping that will kick start my reading again, as well as Chime. I'm still a bit iffy on that one...don't know if it will be my thing, but I'm looking forward to just reading something!

Elliott has had lots of fun books read to him this week, but I think my favorites were the new Christmas books I ordered with a gift card to Powells. 

This is the Stable by Cynthia Cotten is easily one of my new favorites and I know we'll be reading this one every year until E. is probably 5! It has all the perfect elements of the traditional Christmas story and a lovely repetitive flow.

I also love Christmas in the Manger by Nola Buck (and E. seemed too as well ;). A short board book, this one simply introduces key players in the Christmas story. Like, the ram that guards the stall where Jesus was born, the donkey that carried Mary, and the shepherds that keep a holy watch. Everything rhymes nicely and has bright illustrations to keep little eyes on the page. A winner for the young ones!

Elliott:

 Guess who came home this week?! On Monday morning when the doctors came to do rounds, they totally caught me off guard and said we could go home the next day. We were thinking we would be there at least until this weekend, possibly even tomorrow, but they saw no reason for us to stay. Hooray! 

We've been home since Tuesday evening and so far everything is going great. We even had a 2 day follow-up, just to make sure he was still doing fine, and he had gained almost 3oz in just 2 days, so we were doing something right! The last couple of nights have been a bit challenging, because I think the "NICU schedule" is starting to wear off (meaning I get a lot less sleep than I did earlier in the week), but we're all adjusting. 

The dogs love him, especially Shae, who hasn't left his side except to occasionally go for a walk with me. It's adorable and I'm so glad she isn't super jealous of him. Let's hope it continues!




Have a great week everyone!

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

Great news! I hope you all have a lovely first Christmas together.

Thoughts of Joy said...

I couldn't be happier for you!

rocalisa said...

What wonderful news. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas with Elliott at home.

Michelle said...

So much sweetness! It looks like the adjustment period is going well. YAY!