Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Madame Tussaud review

If you're looking for a rich, incredibly detailed story, I highly recommend picking up this one up. SO engrossing and actually taœ¢∑ught me quite a bit.  Telling the story of Marie Tussaud, creator of gorgeous wax figures that fill her Uncle's museum, her relationship with the royal family is incredibly unique. Spanning from the time when political strife first begins to invade Paris, all the way through the Reign of Terror, Marie is forced to do thing she would never think of to stay alive, using this amazing talent of wax sculpting. 

I love how involving this story is and how much detail the author goes into. I totally became involved with the characters, following them through five whole years. I loved Marie and her complex character...her story was just fascinating. 

Not just a fictional story, this really felt like a history lesson and I really took a lot from it. I'm a huge fan of historical fiction and the more detailed the better. Madame Tussaud was definitely detailed and was filled with all the gossip, dresses, politics, and rich characters that I love.

Michelle Moran just keeps getting better and better!

Out now in paperback. 

Madame Tussaud: A Novel of the French Revolution
Michelle Moran
480 pages
Adult fiction
Crown Publishing
December 2011 (paperback)
Review copy provided by publisher


Annette said...

I have this book. It is in my TBR pile for this month. I've only heard good reviews for this book.

Marg said...

I have enjoyed all of Michelle Moran's books but I haven't yet read this one. I have it, so I am not sure what is stopping me from actually doing it!