This week I posted a review of one of my favorite reads of last year, A Good American by Alex George.
I also reviewed Lisa McMann's Dead to You.
My friend Lisa tagged me in meme! I'm not usually one to participate in them, but this one was a lot of fun. I'm choosing not to tag anyone, only because I really don't know anyone who would respond.
1 You must post the rules.
2 Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3 Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4 Let them know you’ve tagged them!
1. Could you eat the same thing for lunch every day?
-Probably. I'm a huge soup fan and usually make up a big batch on Sundays and it lasts me the work week. If we're talking the exact same thing every day, I could still probably do that. A big spinach salad and half an avocado would work.
2. How many library books do you have checked out right now?
-Only two! It's amazing. I still have The Kitchen Daughter, which is due tomorrow and just picked up Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler.
3. Do you feel strongly about a specific type of music? Or more of a music in general type of person?
- Well, I mainly listen to contemporary Christian music (if I don't have an audiobook or NPR going), but I really like all types. I'm a huge fan of Mumford and Sons, Van Morrison, and Boyce Avenue. Love anything that makes me want to run or reminds me of home, which usually means country.
4. What is your favorite brick and mortar retail store?
-If we're talking bookstores, my local indies, Hooray for Books! (which also employes me ;) and One More Page are definitely my favorites. I'm also a Target junkie.
5. What is your favorite online store?
-Bookstore? Powells. Clothing/other retail? Probably Old Navy, because they have great sales, even if their clothes are super cheap in quality. It's all I can afford, so I that's what I buy. I love to browse Anthropologie though...and dream.
6. What is your favorite moment of heartstopping romantic tension? (Book, movie, music, tv, real life, art, anywhere)
- Goodness, this one stumped me. I really have no idea. My book choices generally don't have high levels of romantic tension and my music choices definitely don't! I tried thinking of a tv episode or movie, but I'm stumped.
7. What is the first book you can remember reading?
-To myself, the first I remember reading is probably Ramona Quimby. I do remember my mom reading Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and it's still one of my favorites.
8. Are you creative in any way?
- Welllll....some people would tell you yes, but I really don't think so. I desperately want to be creative, but I'm just fairly good at "borrowing" ideas from other people. That's what Pinterest is for right?
9. Not counting your family, pets, and vital personal documents/pictures, what one thing would you save in a fire?
- My mom's hope chest. I am SO not a stuff person, but it's the only thing I kept of her's when she passed away.
10. What is your favorite type of vacation (museum, beach, cabin, mountains, theme parks)?
-To be honest, I love both the beach and a cabin in the mountains. We take a vacation to the Outer Banks once a year and love it, but the mountains are just as awesome.
11. What is the most surprising or unexpected thing you've done in the past 12 months?
- Had a baby! We have had many, many struggles with trying to have a child, but we found out we were finally expecting in May and had Elliott in November. Hooray!