Saturday, March 3, 2012

Picture Book Saturday: A "New" Oldie

Anyone else remember Lyle from their childhood? I great up reading about this austere and sophisticated crocodile and I was more than a little excited to see this story collection. Yes, I am a children's book nerd and I have no problem admitting that. 

Apparently, this year is the 50th Anniversary of the Lyle books and so this awesome storybook treasury is being published. It has all of the classics:

The House on 88th Street
Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile
Lyle and the Birthday Party
Lyle Walks the Dogs

It also has a "Count with Lyle! Counting Activity after the stories. 
I love story collections, because it allows for more books with less shelf space! I've already started reading these to Elliott and the illustrations definitely hold his attention, with being mostly green and black. He loves to look at Lyle when he's the only character on the page. An early fan! 

This story collection will be out in stores on March 6th!

Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile Storybook Treasury
Bernard Waber
192 pages
Picture Book
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
9780547516189
March 2012
Review copy provided by publisher

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I used to listen to the Lyle stories on LP all the time. Wish I could find those again...