Thursday, April 5, 2012

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe

I can't explain how much I loved this book. Plain and simple, I thought it was absolutely beautiful and I want to read it over and over again...and if I do, I think I'll learn something new each time I read it. It's a story of an incredibly close friendship, a love story, and a story of hatred, of prejudice, and of wars within one's self. Aristotle and Dante are two of the most pure and honest characters I have ever come across and their story is one that needs to be read.  

"And even though I knew I was named after my grandfather, I also knew I had inherited the name of the world's most famous philosopher. I hated that. Everyone expected something from me. Something I just couldn't give.


So I renamed myself Ari.


If I switched the letter, my name was Air.


I thought it might be a great thing to be the air.


I could be something and nothing at the same time. I could be necessary and also invisible. Everyone would need me and no one would be able to see me." (pg. 84)

That's all you'll get from me on this one. You need to read it. Both Debi and I say so.

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe
Benjamin Alire Saenz
368 pages
Young Adult
Simon and Schuster
9781442408920
February 2012
Review copy

1 comment:

Jill The OWL said...

I soooo want to read this one!