Friday, April 20, 2012

Fitness Friday

Week 1 of the Biggest Loser program DOWN. I had a rough time earlier this week...too many treats in my house...but now that I've corrected that issue, the eating has been great. I'm still using LoseIt.com, and it's a fabulous tool. It lets you log all you eat, as well as your exercise, and keeps track of what you tend to be eating more off, makes suggestions, etc. It's motivating and helpful in tracking calories for those of us that need that. I don't always plan to track the calories, but until I'm sure I know an estimate of what most food contains, I need it. 

Biggest Loser Week 1:  -1.2lbs. I'll take it.

Still experiencing awful shin splints, so running is off the table until I can afford some new shoes. Hopefully that will fix the problem. Elliott and I are still walking 4-5 miles every day (pushing him and a heavy stroller definitely makes it more of a workout) with some strength training at home after and if the weather isn't great I'm doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred on the Days I can't head outside. 

I've seriously been going to town on this recipe that Ashley posted. Such a great treat when you're craving chocolate! It has a pretty high calorie count for a snack, but it's the oatmeal that does it, not anything with sugar. And it's much better than 10 Oreos or a candy bar. If you have a favorite chocolate treat that's still on the healthy side, I'd love to hear about it!

Happy weekend everyone!

No comments: