Sunday, April 22, 2012

Week in Review

It's been a whirlwind couple of weeks around here! No one told me when I became a parent that the weeks would fly by at warp speed, but I won't actually accomplish much. Here's a rundown:

-Drove to NY for Elliott's baby dedication
-Celebrated Easter
-Drove home overnight
-Multiple doctor appointments for all
-Small group every Thursday night
-More time with friends Saturday nights
-Church on Sundays
-Trying to workout every day
-Meal planning
-Shopping for groceries
-Working (yeah...that little thing)
-Photo session for Elliott
-TONS of spring yard work
-Dealing with dogs

And on and on and on. And did I mention we only have 1 car? I feel like reading has really had to take a back burner, which makes me sad. I always said I would be the mom that would read as much as I did before having kids, but I obviously needed a reality check.

That being said, I've also been in the middle of a horrible reading slump. I don't know if it's because I have such limited time, so most books aren't appealing to me or what. The last couple of days have been better...I'm in the middle of Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers, which is awesome, but a slow read for me and I'm listening to White Cat by Holly Black. A great listen, done by Jesse Eisenberg.

I also posted a few things, despite the craziness:

A review of My Family for the War

My love for Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe

I talked about The Beetle Book by Steve Jenkins

My thoughts on Jodi Picoult's latest book.

Fitness Friday

 Hopefully this week brings great reading and some relaxation. Not counting on it though and that's ok. Enjoy your week!

1 comment:

Linda said...

You will get your groove back when Elliott is a little older...and not quite so "labor-intensive"! I am in a sewing funk these days - reorganized my sewing room 2 months ago and have done NOTHING since then! I stay so busy being retired, I don't even know how I had time to work before!