Sunday, May 20, 2012

Devotional review

It's Sunday, so I figured it would be a great time to share my thoughts on the devotional I'm currently using. I've had a couple of interested readers asking what I like to use as a daily devotional and though I change it up often, lately I've been using Daily Gifts of Grace by Women of Faith. It was sent to me for review several months ago and I've been using it as my daily addition to Bible study each morning. 

It's a lovely book to look at, beautifully packaged with a bright cover, complete with a magnetic flap that opens the book, really making it feel like a gift book should. The content is simple and nicely written, each page starting with a Bible verse and going on to include a short devotion from one of the Women of Faith members. I do wish each entry was longer, allowing for a more in-depth learning experience, but overall I've enjoyed reading each message. 

I don't necessarily follow the dates at the top of the page, as the book runs from January to December, but I skip around and just randomly pick a devotion for the day. Sometimes that leads me to reading a specific chapter in the Bible or I'll use my study Bible to search for verses that pertain to what the writer of the devotion was expressing. 

It's always hard for me to find exactly what I'm looking for in a daily devotional, which is why I skip around a lot, but for now, I'm sticking with this one. 


Daily Gifts of Grace: Devotions for Each Day of the Year
Women of Faith
384 pages
Christian Non-Fiction
9781400203642
January 2012
Review copy from BookSneeze

1 comment:

Linda said...

It has always been difficult for me to stick with the days...one of my all-time favorites was Oswald Chambers' "My Utmost for His Highest" but it has been several years since I did that one...maybe time to go back to it! It was truly timeless!