Sunday, May 27, 2012

Elliott is SIX months old!

Instead of my usual Week in Review post, I wanted to do an Elliott update, since my little guy is SIX MONTHS OLD. I can't believe how fast this time has gone by! I know all moms say that, but it really feels like just a couple of months ago we were still in the hospital and our tiny little man was just 3lbs. We aren't sure exactly what he weighs (appt on Wednesday), but I know it's over 12lbs. Crazy!

Some fun facts about Elliott:

-He rolls front-to-back now, right on schedule for being 2 months behind.

-He loves The Belly Button Book by Sandra Boynton. Something about that "bee-bo" that has him giggling.

-He gives us belly laughs when he's tickled and thinks his dad is hysterical.

-He loves bath time and kicks his feet to splash himself. I see swim "lessons" in the near future. His Nonni just bought him his first baby pool :)

-If he's upset, all Dad needs to do is sing "Piano Man" and the tears stop.

-He sleeps through the night in 11 hour stretches and takes 2-3 naps a day. It's awesome...other moms, be jealous.

-He tries to hold his bottle, loves to chew on his toes, and thinks getting undressed is the silliest thing.

-I think teething is in full-swing, despite the lack of teeth.

-He LOVES being outside. Another instant soother.

-He makes the BEST facial expressions. Everyone says how expressive he is and what an easy-going personality he has. 

-He is a fantastic snuggler, loves his dogs, and is honestly the greatest gift I've ever received.

Our sweet boy charms everyone that meets him and his smile lights up a room. I'm so blessed to have him and can't wait to see what the next six months bring.


Ami said...

Love, love, love:)

Linda said...

I think I have seen these photos somewhere...;)
What a gorgeous little fellow he is! Absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to see him again...hopefully sooner rather than later now that Dan is doing so well!

Lisa said...

He is darling! I love the one of him smiling on his belly. I'm so happy you're so happy!

Abby said...

Aw, yay! And thanks for the update! I love knowing how your little guy is doing! :D

Happy six months, Elliott!!!

Debi said...

He is just the most adorable little guy!!! A sweet little bringer of joy, isn't he?

Susan said...

Awwww, he's so cute! I'm glad he's doing so well.