Friday, May 4, 2012

Fitness Friday

So, I thought I'd stray from the norm this week and talk a bit about what I've been eating. A lot of food bloggers and fitness bloggers participate in "What I Ate Wednesday" (not sure where it originated or I'd give credit) and I figured I could do a little play on that.

My days during the week are pretty typical for food and on the weekend I tend to splurge a little, because we go out. I'm pretty good at figuring out calories in restaurant meals, but not perfect, so I don't really count on weekends, I just order carefully and eat normally while I'm at home. 

This was my day of meals on Thursday:

Breakfast:
-Green smoothie. I eat the same thing for breakfast almost every morning now. I love our Blendtec and will never chastise my husband for spending a crazy amount of money on it again. I use 1 frozen banana, 1 1/2 cups baby spinach, 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt, 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and 1 scoop of chia seeds. Sometimes I'll use peanut butter instead of the Greek yogurt.

Lunch:
-Soup. This week I made a delicious 5 ingredient soup that I saw on Pinterest. It's a Sweet Potato Cauliflower soup and it's SO good. Aaron won't touch anything with sweet potatoes OR cauliflower, so I just eat my way through the pot of soup through the week.

Dinner:
-On Thursdays we meet with our small group and we all share dinner. We rotate whether we bring the main course, side, dessert, etc. This week we had tacos in honor of Cinco de Mayo...I loaded my plate with chicken, homemade guacamole (just avocado, lime, salt, cilantro), and lots of other veggie toppings. I had a few tortilla chips and salsa and no tortilla with my "taco."

Dessert:
-It was our turn for dessert this week and I made these Oatmeal Fudge Bars. They were fabulous, as everything from The Brown Eyed Baker.

I also had about 3 cups of coffee throughout the day, as well as a small margarita at dinner. Hey...it's in celebration of Cinco de Mayo!

My calorie count usually comes out to about 1500 calories. I went for a run once we got home and since my legs felt like lead for some reason (probably the margarita), I probably only burned about 150 calories or so.

Biggest loser weigh-in: -0.5 lbs

1 comment:

Linda said...

You are doing well with your fitness program - the secret is to change the lifestyle! I made some delicious cookies this week - no flour, egg, sugar or butter! Amazingly enough - they were really good - and healthy!