Monday, June 25, 2012

Audiobook Week begins!

I've been saving up some audiobooks to review for Audiobook Week, hosted by one of my favorite bloggers, Jen at Devourer of Books. Check it out and win some prizes if you participate!

First question to start us off:

Are you new to audiobooks in the last year? Have you been listening to them forever but discovered something new this year? Favorite titles? New times/places to listen? This is your chance to introduce yourself and your general listening experience.

I've loved audiobooks since my sophomore year in college, when I would drive an hour + each way to classes each day. I started with The Women's Murder Club series by James Patterson, but I quickly grew out of those. 

Now, I always have an audiobook going and though I don't spend nearly as much time in the car as I did up until my son was born, I still get through them fairly quickly. I still listen while I drive,  as well as while I walk with the baby, and while I clean.

In my long list of listens, I did get the chance to end up with a few favorites in the past 12 months including:

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor read by Khristine Hvam
The Help by Katherine Stockett read by Jenna Lamia, Bahni Turpin, and Octavia Spencer
The Penderwicks at Point Mouette by Jeanne Birdsall read by Susan Denaker

I'm in the middle of A Discovery of Witches right now and very much enjoying that one too!


Kristin said...

I read The Help a while back but heard the audio is really good so it's on my list to listen to one of these days.

I always have an audio going - either in the car or on the iPod - and I love it!

Kristin @ Always With a Book

Jen (Devourer of Books) said...

I'm seeing DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE on a bunch of favorites lists, I need to listen!

Linda said...

I haven't listened in a while - but my very favorite audio book was "Shelters of Stone" by Jean Auel - I think it was 28 CDs long! It took me FOREVER, but I was traveling quite a bit at that time, so it kept me busy for a while.

Tanya Patrice said...

Ooh thanks for sharing your list of faves. I loved Daughter of Smoke & Bone on audio too! And I plan on listening to The Help on audio.

Tanya Patrice said...

I need to try Daughter of Smoke and Bone on audio. I'm always behind and playing catch-up long after the books have come out...

JoAnn said...

The Help is one of the best audiobooks ever!

Juju at Tales of said...

I must try The Help!

jessmonster said...

I love The Penderwicks on audio! Glad to find another fan.