Friday, June 1, 2012

Fitness Friday: Biggest Loser edition


I'm giving my latest Biggest Loser endeavors a huge plug today. As you all know, I've been participating in a Biggest Loser-type competition for the past 8 weeks and have lost about 9lbs now. Slow, but steady wins the race right? 2 more weeks and I find out if I won...which I highly doubt, but it would be nice. Since it's based on percentage of weight lost and not pounds, there's always a chance I could have pulled it off. 

A friend of mine decided that she wanted to start one up, so starting today, I'm involved in two! The stakes are a bit higher in this one, which is going to make me work even harder. We're broke (stupid car and poor dog) and I could use a big money pot.

If you're interested in joining us, excellent! It starts TODAY, June 1st, so make your decision soon! Here are the guidelines:


BIGGEST LOSER CHALLENGE
1. Everyone needs to weigh in on the same scale that they start with at the same time of day for every weigh in. This keeps things consistent.

2. We are measuring the percent of body weight lost. The calculation is the take your actual weight (today) and subtract it form your initial weight. Then divide that number by your initial (starting) weight.

2. The first weigh in will be on June 1, 2012. (TODAY)

3. The final weigh in will be on September 14, 2012.

4. Weigh-ins will occur every Friday.

5. There is a $20.00 registration fee which “MUST” be paid during your first weigh in.

6. All monies owing to the pot should be paid during the time of weigh in or prior to the following weigh in.(So if you have a bad week, be prepared break out the spare change)

7. There will be a penalty fee of $1.00 applied if your weight stays the same.

8. There will be a penalty fee of $1.00 added for each pound gained. (i.e. Gain 3 pounds, you owe $3.00)

9. The winner will be the person who loses the largest percentage of body weight.

10. Every week, you will email your weight after the weigh-in to a third party. He will then calculate your percentage of weight loss and email a list of the contestants ranking for that week and overall. He is the ONLY one that will know how much you weigh...and since you don't know him, it's ok :)

If you're interested and do end up signing up, please let me know and I'll send you the third-party email address for your weigh-in. I didn't want to link it up here. 


If you want to sign up and are ready to pay your money (again, deadline is today), click here.


Join me!!

No comments: