Friday, June 29, 2012

Listen Up! -- Audiobook Week discussion

Audiobook Week is coming to a close, but you can still participate. Check out the most recent discussion question over at Devourer of Books

Where do you learn about great audiobook titles? Find reviews? Buy your audiobooks? Share your secrets with the rest of us!

I have one word for you all: TWITTER. I could seriously write an entire post on how this one social media website has changed how I find books -- both print and audio -- but I'll save that for another time. 

I follow somewhere around 600 people on Twitter, most of them belonging to the book world in some way, whether they're bloggers, librarians, booksellers, etc. A lot of book talk happens on Twitter and I read about tons of awesome audiobooks that I should check out. Some of my favorite bookish Tweeps:

@devourerofbooks of course!

I have many more, of course, but those are just a few off the top of my head. I haven't gotten into reading publications specifically about audiobooks or seeking out Tweeps that only post about them, because I'll simply read about a book and look it up to see if it's available as an audio. That works for me. 

If you're on Twitter, follow me and send more book recommendations my way! A girl can always use a bigger TBR pile ;)


Jen (Devourer of Books) said...

I can't believe I didn't mention Twitter!

Tanya Patrice said...

I don't use Twitter much - but I might have to start going there more often when I'm trying to decide between 2 audiobooks.

Tanya Patrice