Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mid-Week Meme, Audiobook Week

A mid-week Audiobook meme over at Devourer of Books today! Link up your post to win a prize!


Current/most recent audiobook:

A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness. I'm on disc 14 of 20, so almost to the end!

Impressions:

I'm enjoying it quite a bit, but there have definitely been a few points that were slow for me. Unfortunately, I had an unexpected house guest interrupt my listening time (not really unfortunate about the guest, just the lack of audio time!), so the actual listening is going slowly too, which may not help.

The narrator is excellent at multiple accents, which I'm really appreciating.

Current/most favorite recent audiobook:

I really did love The Help. I wish I could say something a bit more obscure, so you'll all go out and grab a book you haven't yet read, but that was a hands down favorite. So good!

Favorite narrator you've discovered recently:

I loved Karen White's reading of The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen. She did a beautiful job.

One title from your TBL (to be listened) stack or your audio wishlist:

I really want to re-listen to the Inkheart series by Cornelia Funke. I listened about 4 years ago and LOVED it. It's read by Brendan Frasier and I can still remember exactly where I was when I listened to specific scenes. A great book series and a great listen.

2 comments:

Jen (Devourer of Books) said...

It is amazing how audio can tie to places and actions like that, I have certain audiobooks that have very strong associations with certain places that have no meaning other than being connected to that audiobook.

baystatera.com said...

OMG! Brendan Fraser does audiobooks??? I didn't know that! Thank God (and Devourer of Books) for Audiobook Week!