Sunday, July 8, 2012

Week in Review

Can you say HEAT WAVE? Here in the D.C. Metro area, we've had record heat for almost 2 weeks, with today being the hottest yet. 106 degrees with a heat index of 115. Annnnnd...our air conditioner died. I can't say I'm surprised. I mean, aren't bad things supposed to come in sets of 3? Our car broke down, our only tv died and needed replacing, and now our air conditioner went out during a crazy hot week. 

Though our bank account is bleeding, we're definitely blessed to have friends in the area, who we quickly proceeded to move in with. With a 7-month-old and two dogs, Aaron and I knew we couldn't stay at home in the heat. They have central air, a big house with a basement just for us and the pups. Perfect! Our new air conditioner is set to arrive on Wednesday, but hopefully the heat lets up a little before then. 

On the blog this week:

I'm giving away a copy of Shadow of Night. It's the second book in the series by Deborah Harkness....I loved A Discovery of Witches!

I reviewed The Language of Flowers, a fabulous book for a discussion.  

I talked about 2 of my favorite indie bookstores in a new monthly feature by some of my favorite bloggers: Where in the World are you Reading?

Fitness Friday where I talked about coming in 2nd place, an injury, and bootcamp

I'm reading:

The Roots of the Olive Tree by Courtney Miller Santo.

Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you found a place to escape from the heat. Your poor family. :( But blessed in great friends for sure!