Friday, August 31, 2012

Fitness Friday: When illness and life get in the way

My poor baby is sick. What I thought was a serious case of teething is actually a double ear infection AND teething. The child has been crazy fussy since Monday, but today and yesterday were absolutely terrible. He was in tears, I was in tears, and we finally went to the doctor today and were given antibiotics. Thanks goodness for modern medicine. He's been giving his lungs a workout.  

In the midst of all of this I've been trying really hard to still fit in workouts for bootcamp. I spent many of these fussy-child days walking around the neighborhood, trying to keep Elliott distracted. It worked (most of the time) and helped to get a bit of cardio in at the same time. I'm determined to get all of my entries in for the prizes at the end of the camp! I did manage to get all of the time in, but it was mindless working out this heart was just not in it. I'm really hoping next week will be back to normal! 

The good news is, I lost another 2lbs last week. Hooray for that! Getting closer and closer to that comfortable weight range.


Linda said...

Sure hope Elliott is better soon! Nothing worse than a sick baby...they can't tell you what is hurting!

Debi said...

Oh no! I so hope Elliott is feeling better very, very soon!!! Poor sweet thing! And poor sweet Mommy, too!

Susan said...

Dealing with a cranky baby is NEVER fun. Glad Elliott's on the mend. Hope Mommy's feeling better now, too :)