Sunday, August 26, 2012

Week in Review

It was an eventful week! We're closing out summer with a bang. Elliott is crawling everywhere, my small group is beginning our meetings again, and today I hosted a yard sale for a friend. Sold a few of my own goodies too! I also busted my booty in bootcamp!

This week was about drop-sets (doing 6-8 reps of a high weight, then dropping the weight 30-40% and doing more reps until fatigue), plus cardio intervals. I'm not sure if it was all the interval work or what, but I managed to lose 2lbs this week! That's the most since beginning the weight loss journey 5 months ago. Hooray!

I'm still struggling a bit with endurance during my runs, but with the interval training it doesn't matter quite as much. I'm stopping and starting a lot to follow the plan and it's definitely a good feeling to get my heart rate up high and be able to take a breather. Wishing bootcamp could last forever...

On the blog:

I raved about one of my favorite books of the year, The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry.

I took a little trip back to the Gold Rush with The Quilt Walk by Sandra Dallas.

I reviewed The Roots of the Olive Tree by Courtney Miller Santo.

I talked about the "Croc Capers" series by Bindi Irwin. I'm also giving away the entire set!

For Picture Book Saturday I featured a couple of my favorites that have recently been reissued.

And because I just love showing off my little guy:


Linda said...

He is just growing up way too fast! Guess we will be seeing you guys at church next weekend! Mom is coming up and we are traveling there to visit...for a short time!

Sarah said...

He's getting so much hair!!