Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Creatrilogy and the wonder that is Peter Reynolds

It's no surprise that Peter Reynolds is one of my favorite children's authors/illustrators. I recently raved about his latest book, Sky Color, here on the blog and I've often talked about how I've given young children The Dot for a birthday or holiday gift. I love his books, I love his illustrations, and I was absolutely thrilled when this showed up in my mailbox a couple of weeks ago:




I may have jumped up and down a little. It's the entire box set of Reynolds Creatrilogy series! Included is The Dot, Ish, and Sky Color, each totally inspiring to kids AND adults as they are encouraged to be creative in their art, their thinking, and their every day being. All of the books have such a positive message, but it's exhibited in a super fun way. SUPER FUN. :)

You can buy each of the books separately, but I honestly don't think one book is better than another. I would highly encourage teachers, librarians, and parents to have this set on your shelves...it's so much fun, beautifully illustrated, and wonderfully inspiring. I would never call myself an artist, but these books make me want to create something. Anything! I can't wait until Elliott is old enough to play around with paint or crayons and get creative. 

Thank you to Candlewick for sending this great box set my way!

No comments: