Friday, October 12, 2012

Fitness Friday

It's been quite awhile since I've written up one of these! I don't have a whole lot to report, but wanted to give an update while I had a minute. 

So, I think I've fallen into the rut that so many of us do when we get busy. I have been running around like a mad woman the past couple of months, busy with something almost every single day. I'm still getting workouts in, just not the 5 a week I was doing over the summer. Now, I probably get out about 3 times a week, which, unfortunately, is not enough for my mind OR my body. The weight loss has hit the pause button and I'm finding myself more and more tired. 

I love this season and have been trying to take walks with Elliott as often as I can. He seems to prefer morning walks and that's great, except it's been about 40 degrees outside the past few mornings. Too chilly for my boy. When we do get to go, I make sure to take the jogging stroller and walk/jog for the 45 minutes that we're out and that's awesome. The days that I don't get cardio in, I try to fit in one of the strength workouts I remember from bootcamp or at least drop for a plank or two or some dips while I'm feeding E his dinner. Really trying to fit it in where I can!

I also tried, again to start up Jillian's workout videos and I just can't do it. I don't like exercising in my living room, because I give up too easily and I'm bored. I've tried switching up the levels each day, trying different instructors, etc., but I can't get into it and I'm afraid that winter is going to be really hard on me in terms of workouts. 

Any tips for those of us that don't like workout videos, but still want to be able to move?

No comments: