Sunday, October 21, 2012

Week in Review: I crafted!

Last week, I mentioned wanting to actually craft something for Trish's Pin It and Do It Challenge and I finally did! A few moms from the playgroup I go to invited me to a craft night on Friday and I figured that would be a great day to knock something off my list. I went planning to work on Elliott's birthday banner, but instead made Melted Snowmen! 

(Image from Eyeballs by Day, Crafts by Night)

So easy and they'll be really cute on the tree for Elliott to look at. Some salt, a bit of glitter, a few peppercorns, and an orange paper carrot. Not exactly the most difficult or even visually appealing craft, but it was fun and kids would love it. I also ended up making a wall hanging for fall, with paint and a few cotton swabs:

I'm not counting it for the challenge though...I didn't find it on Pinterest, my host had the idea. It was fun and it turned out very pretty. I'm not a crafty person whatsoever, so this has been fun for me! I don't care if it looks like a 2nd grader made it ;)

On the blog this week:

More fall fun!
Family bedtime reading
I think I'm breaking up with Birchbox...

Around the blogosphere:

Learn how to make an apple orchard playscape with your kids
A totally true rant on the price of diapers
Lava bottles...a really fun DIY for toddlers (and almost toddlers)

Let's round out the week with some photos of my favorite child:

We have family photos scheduled for Tuesday! I can't wait to share them with all of you, though E has ANOTHER cold, so we'll see how he's feeling. Have a great week!

1 comment:

Trish said...

Elliott is just adorable!! And those blue blue eyes. :) I hope he feels better soon--Elle is battling a cold right now too and her poor little nose is raw from me wiping it so often.

The snowman ornament is cute but I can see how making it was more interesting than the final product.

Thanks for participating in the challenge Amanda!