Sunday, October 7, 2012

Week in Review

It's been such a fun week around here! We've been getting into the festive Fall spirit and heading out of the house quite a bit for fun activities. And bonus...it's a 3 day weekend, which means Aaron is able to stay home and play one more day. Off to the pumpkin patch in the morning!


Fun stuff:

-Date night at Seasons 52:


We had our favorite sitter over to "watch" Elliott while we went out to dinner. Since he goes to bed around 6, all she had to do was watch tv. Easiest job in the world.


-A couple of weeks ago, I signed up for Trish's Pinteresting Challenge for October. I've been pinning away for months without much progress on actual work, so this was a great opportunity for my boards to be tackled.

I've committed to doing between 4-7 pins before the 31st and managed to knock out one so far.  I made Ashley's Mini Chocolate Pumpkin Pies:



(Image is Ashley's from (Never) Homemaker)

These little pies were super easy to make, but they had to grow on me in taste. They aren't very sweet, so once I figured that out and enjoyed one with my coffee or a glass of milk, I liked them much more.


Some links from the blog:

A family needs our help, even if we don't know them personally.

I really enjoyed Endangered by Eliot Schrefer. I hadn't heard anything about it before reading, so it was one of my biggest surprises of the year

I talked about how much I love all things Fall and what we're doing as a family to celebrate my favorite season.


And a cool link from a favorite blog:

From Simple Mom: a great quiz to help you choose the right Presidential candidate. I found it really useful!


1 comment:

Joy said...

I came over from Trish's round-up of Pin It and Do It Challenge posts. Those mini chocolate pumpkin pies look amazing!

Joy's Book Blog