Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Popping in to tell you what to read next

Between being sick myself and now having a teething boy on my hands, things are a little crazy around here. I just wanted to quickly pop in and tell you what your next read should be:




I hadn't heard anything about this book when I picked it off the shelf at work last month. Admittedly, I was drawn in by the gorgeous cover on the galley (which the publisher kept...hooray!), but from the first sentence, I was absolutely hooked. 

The story of Jepp of Astraveld is one you all need to read. The plot reads like the best of historical fiction and the characters will make you love them (or hate them, as the case may be) after just a few pages. It's a chunkster for sure, but I was so happy it was long -- I truly didn't want it to end. 

I know I didn't give you a whole lot of a description, just trust me on this one.

Off to tend to the whiny, drooling child...

2 comments:

Susan said...

I got this one in the mail recently, but I hadn't planned on reading it anytime soon. It just didn't catch my eye, you know? But, now that you've raved about it, I might just pull it out! Thanks for the head's up.

Abby said...

This is definitely on my TBR list - I just asked our teen librarian to order it. Thanks for the rec! :D