Saturday, December 8, 2012

Holiday Gift Guide: What I'm giving this year

Friends, I've missed you. This last week, I truly took on a few more events/tasks than I could feasibly handle without exhausting myself and what resulted was an entire week of no reading and no blogging. The blogging I suppose I can handle going without every once in awhile, but I don't think I've EVER gone a week without reading, even after having babies and being in the hospital and all that craziness. I always read! 

Since I don't have any reviews for you, I thought I'd share my own version of a holiday gift guide. I have a huge variety of ages to buy for... from 1-year-olds to 75-year-olds, so I'm doing shopping all over the place. No one has paid me to advertise these or review them, I just want to spread the fun!





My kid LOVES this thing. From the time he was around 8 months old when he would play with the tray seated on the ground (the legs are removable) to now, when he's close to walking, he spends more time at this toy than at anything else during the day. 

A Black Friday deal is allowing me to get a couple of these for two special kids in our family. 










I love pairing up smaller gifts to make a fun combo and my one of my favorite gifts to give to children is a toy from Green Toys. They're made from 100% recycled milk jugs and are super simple, without crazy noises or anything "extra."This year, I'm giving both the tugboat and the dump truck and pairing them with two of my favorite books. 







If you've been reading this blog for awhile, you know how much I love Etsy. I buy from the site all the time and really feel great about buying gifts made by small businesses, most of whom work out of their homes to support families. I've purchased a couple of these this year and will be ordering one for us after the holiday craziness is over.

The shop owner was great at getting back to me regarding the colors and was very friendly. Always nice!





On my side of the family, my cousins are like my siblings, but I have a TON of them. So, we all draw names with each other and our spouses to determine who to buy for...of course, I choose two of the hardest people, that I don't know very well. I thought this was a gorgeous, masculine gift to honor where these guys had their children. 

I've bought from this shop before and they are really quick with their shipping times, which I appreciate.

The books:










I have a lot of people to buy for this year, so this is definitely just a smattering of what I'm picking up this year. I'd love to know what you're buying! 

1 comment:

Susan said...

Funny enough, I was Christmas shopping on Amazon this morning and put UNBROKEN in my cart ... for me. I didn't end up buying it, but only because I decided to go to my local indie next week and buy it there. Great minds and all that!!