Monday, February 25, 2013

Pete the Cat in Easy Reader format??

It's quite possible I'm just late to the party on this one, but did everyone else know that Pete the Cat was being turned into Easy Reader stories? I'm so thrilled about this! 

Pete's Big Lunch and Play Ball! showed up at my house last week and I just might have done a little dance around my kitchen. I'm a huge fan of the Pete the Cat picture books and have gifted them to my nephews each time a new one has come out. Well, now both of those boys are getting ready to read themselves and these new ones will be the perfect level for them. I think the folks at HarperCollins were reading my mind.

Each story is told in typical Pete fashion, with his too-cool-for-life expressions and "don't sweat the small stuff" attitude. These two books each contain a subtle message, but neither are at all heavy-handed. In Play Ball! the reader learns about trying his or her best and being cheerful whatever the result. In Pete's Big Lunch, the story is all about sharing (and a little about gross food concoctions) -- great for this age level of new-to-school kids. 

The two books I received are both at a "My First Reading" level are going to be great companions to the previous Pete the Cat books. If you've yet to read any of the books in the series, you definitely should try them out -- so fun!

1 comment:

fahad henry said...

This Is A Time Of Digitization, We Offer You Programming
With Best PHP Programming It Is Best, It Is Cheapest,
We Are Introducing Now The New Techniques Of PHP Programming,
Viruses & Hacker Now Should Be Forget You Site
For Details Visit