Friday, March 1, 2013

I'm outta here! Sunny weather, here I come.

Elliott was born in late November 2011. He turned 15 months old on Tuesday and I've never spent a night away from him -- not including those NICU nights. Even with those I was by his isolette until midnight and back at 6 a.m. We're a team and we understand each other's quirks after spending all day, every day together and though I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything, I desperately need a break. 

I'm heading to Florida for a few days and the boys are going to hang out at home, bonding and doing whatever it is boys do. This adorable little man will be just fine and my husband is more than capable of meeting E's needs and having a lot of fun with him. That doesn't mean I'm not still crying inside. I'm leaving my boy!

I'm looking forward to just hanging out my my Aunt, reading books, playing with her menagerie of animals, and sleeping in. Ok, so I doubt the sleeping in will actually happen, but at least no one is whining for me to get up and feed them. 

See you all on Tuesday!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I. Am. So. Jealous.