Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Comfort of Lies review

Tia, Juliette, and Caroline have never met, but their lives intertwine in a crazy-complex way that no one would probably wish on their worst enemy. 

Tia, a lost girl in love with a married man, becomes pregnant and decides to give the baby up for adoption. Caroline becomes the mother of that child. Juliette is the wife of Tia's love. Told from the perspective of each of the women, we watch the story unfold as Juliette finds out about the child and becomes obsessed with her and finding out the whole truth of her husband's relationship. 

None of these women is exactly likable. They each have their own flaws and live up to those flaws as the story builds, but that's why the book was so readable. They were written like any typical real woman. The character development is excellent and though I didn't love the characters, I think Meyers wanted it that way. I think she wanted us to dislike them enough to believe in them and I really did. I wanted to know what they would do and how they would react to the confrontations they were meant to have and if they had all been sympathetic, likable characters it wouldn't have rung true. 

If you're into intense drama, I definitely recommend checking this one out. 

Thanks to TLC Book Tours for having me on the tour. Check out the rest of the stops on the tour here

You can find author Randy Susan Meyers on Facebook and Twitter or at her website

2 comments:

Emily Walsh said...

Hi I'm Emily! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog!
ewalsh874{at}gmail{dot}com

heathertlc said...

"intense drama" is definitely the right description of this one!

Thanks for being on the tour.