Sunday, March 10, 2013

The flu knocked me down, but he saved the day

I talk about my sweet E on the blog all the time. He was our blessing from God, our greatest gift, and the thing that constantly makes me smile. I don't, however, focus posts on the amazing guy I call my husband. This guy:

So, late Friday night, after being ridiculously sick all day long, he finally took me to the ER where I was told I was another victim of the seasonal flu. That flu shot I got back in December? Didn't work. I like to think I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but this kicked my butt. This guy saved the day.

He not only left work early on Friday to come take care of me (and this was after he let me go off to Florida for 4 days last week), he has taken over complete child/dog duty for the last 2 days without complaint. He's awesome.

He's brought me countless mugs of hot tea, went out for a milkshake when that's all I could imagine eating, and kept me in supply of water, medicine, and books. He is the rockstar husband I dreamed of. And he's mine.

I'll stop being sappy now, but I thought you all had to know.


Mirriah Vitale said...

Aaron, thanks for being such an awesome husband to an amazing woman! You rock!!!!

Heather @ Book Addiction said...

Aww! How blessed are you. I, too, have a great guy for my hubby. We are lucky women. :)