Thursday, April 11, 2013

Bloom: Finding Beauty in the Unexpected


I've been reading Kelle Hampton's blog, Enjoying the Small Things, since just after her second daughter, Nella, was born. She posted Nella's birth story, and I, like so many others of you out there, fell completely in love with the entire family and the honesty Kelle poured into each one of her posts. You feel this woman's emotions and want to be her best friend. She just gets life the way you know a perfect best friend would. 


Nella's birth story ultimately became Bloom and I was so, so thrilled when I heard Kelle had turned this beautiful series of blog posts and memories, into a beautiful memoir -- and it's really, so gorgeous. She's an incredibly talented photographer, which makes the reading the story of her family both more enjoyable and more emotional. I became attached to those beautiful girls so quickly!


While Kelle allows us to see her heartbreak and grief over an unexpected circumstance, she also encourages us all to take those circumstances in our own lives and fully embrace them. Take a moment to grieve and then live life to the fullest. Truly enjoy the small things -- the tiny moments that seem like they don't matter -- along with those huge, life changing events. It's beautifully done and one of my favorite books to give as a gift to anyone going through a tough time. 

Thanks to TLC Book Tours for sending a review copy! 

3 comments:

Susan said...

I'll be reviewing this one soon. Your review makes me even more excited to read it!

heathertlc said...

Wow, how cool that you've been following her blog for so long. I would think that reading the book must have been like reliving some of Kelle's posts!

Thanks for being a part of the tour.

Suko said...

Now that I've posted my review of this book, I can take a look at the other reviews on the tour. I think this is one of my all-time favorite memoirs.